THE PATH TO SELF-PUBLISHING SUCCESS is a roadmap of the things I learned about self-publishing that set me free from my day job to pursue a full-time career as a self-published author. That change took place in the span of four months in early 2011 after I finally put all the pieces together for writing, publishing, and promoting a bestselling book. And that knowledge is what I’ll be sharing with you.
Like most authors struggling to turn their writing passion into a successful financial endeavor, I didn’t have a background in marketing. I wasn’t a successful businessman who’d already made millions. I was never traditionally published, and didn’t have any association with the industry. I was just a “regular guy” who enjoyed writing stories, had some writing talent, and was determined to break free from an unfulfilling job to make a living as a self-published author.
Here are some of the topics I’m going to go over with you:
- Why self-publish?
- The importance of self-improvement
- Treating your business like a business
- How to get started
- What to do once your manuscript is finished
- The importance of your book cover
- What is an ISBN and where do you get one?
- The bottom line about copyrights
- Thoughts on piracy
- Reviews and reviewers
- Overview of eBook publishing
- Amazon KDP royalty options
- How to give away your Kindle book on Amazon
- eBook pricing strategies
- Print options
- Your web site
- Getting reader reviews
- Book promotion (via Twitter, in particular)
- Your Newsletter and why it’s important
- Monetizing everything you can
There aren’t any gimmicks or get rich quick schemes in this book. It’s all based on practical experience that took me from making a few hundred dollars a month since publishing IN HER NAME, my first novel for the Kindle, in 2008 through early 2011, to making nearly a thousand dollars a *day* by mid-2011.